Thursday, September 4, 2008

Egg, bird, menace?

We have many birds that live in or near our backyard. I really don't mind the birds that much except when they come onto my back patio and "mess" on the patio furniture or BBQ or windows and screens. They are welcome to live in the trees and sing songs on the fence. So when our family discovered the first bird family nested in our fruit trees to the side of the house, I thought it would be okay. Only 2 days after the first family left the nest with the little birdies flying away, another momma bird laid her eggs in the empty nest.







I walked by the empty nest once or twice thinking that I should probably just get rid of it. I really am not that mean, but these birds don't need encouragment with making a place to live nearby. Now that there are new eggs, we'll have to wait for this new mom to hatch the eggs and then wait for the babies to get big enough to fly away. You can see from the pics with my kids how small the eggs are.

No comments: