Friday, September 19, 2008

Seeing is believing

Sight is a vital sense. Seeing completely clearly is a privilege. I have been blessed to be able to see just fine without the assistance of glasses or contacts (the only one in my immediate family, I believe). So, I was hoping that my daughter would inherit my good genes in the eye department, even if she didn't get my eye color. Nope, last week she came home with a paper from the school nurse that said she failed the eye test (Sidney was devastated...it's the only thing she's ever failed at). Next came the appt with the eye doctor, she didn't seem to mind too much until he wanted to put drops into her eyes. I had to finally get the second drop in. Then came the picking out of frames, and I made her try on almost every single pair. None of it has become real until now. The glasses were ready for pick-up today. Sidney put them on and the sheer enthusiasm is almost tangible. She can see!!! I had no idea how badly she needed them, of course, she didn't really realize it either. Now, the world is new. She even said right after I took her picture, "Hey mom, I can even see the crevases in your face!" Hhmmmmm. I wasn't expecting her to see that!

BEFORE...


AFTER! Ain't she cute!

4 comments:

Kaylee said...

WE think she looks beautiful. Welcome to the Wonderful world of being able to see, Sidney!!

Leslie said...

I love her glasses! Tell her that Taylor wears them too. It's just plain nice being able to see.

Sara said...

so cute!

we have two so far in glasses and i am pretty sure we are about to have a third!

Turley Family said...

She looks so cute in her new glasses! I have enjoyed getting to know her this year in my primary class! She is such a sweet, smart, fun girl!