Saturday, May 3, 2008

Crazy Hair Day


On Friday, it was Crazy hair day for a few Kingdergarten classes at Hayden's school. Luckily, Hayden's hair was long enough that we could shave some spots into it and then I colored the spots black so it would look somewhat like a soccer ball. He got lots of comments and some raised eyebrows.


The real fun part was washing it out. I used black eyeliner to color it in because I knew it wouldn't bleed if he got all sweaty and stuff at school. I did cake it on pretty thick, it's hard to tell from the pictures. Well, even though I told Hayden to use extra shampoo and scrub it really hard, I still had to come in and scrub each spot for a good minute each patch. (And we women put this stuff on our EYES!)

These pictures were taken last October when we gave Hayden a mohawk for about a week. Something to understand about Hayden's hair is that it is needle straight. It doesn't lay down, ever. We've tried letting it grow out to see if the weight of his hair will make it lay down. Nope. So, I truly hope that Hayden will be alright with this permanent hairstyle, buzzed. At least nothing has to be done with it, except to wash it and cut it. When he wakes up in the morning, hair's done, nothing to it.


Oh, and just to clarify, John passed on the dead straight hair, it runs in his family. My side is curly and wavy, so it wasn't me. I am glad that John passed down the light hair though.


No comments: