Monday, May 12, 2008

Birthday Time: Not all what it's cracked up to be.

So, Sunday was Hayden's birthday, but we celebrated on Saturday. We bid and won on an auction item that had a birthday party at Skateland for 10 kids for free. Hayden was ecstatic (never mind that he's not so much as tried on a pair of skates!). We sent out the invites, the kids came and there's was plenty of fun...except for John.

John was just going to come and help keep the kids happy and content. He didn't have plans to skate. When he realized that the kids were going to need some help and encouragement on the skating rink he put on some skates and got out there. After about an hour, he was on his way back to the party table when he fell halfway on the skate rink and and halfway on the step...right smack on his tailbone. Ouch!! He didn't break anything, but bruised his fanny and ego a little.

The kids had a blast even though they fell more times than they could count. Hayden got to request his favorite song (Cha Cha Slide) which was a big hit for everyone.

Then later that evening we had family over for burgers and dogs. I would say the best part was the ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery. Again, the free coupon came in the basket we won from the auction. It was delicious! Good fun, good times.


The part I'm having trouble swallowing is that my little boy is 6 now! How did he get older so quick, I didn't. I don't mind too much now that the kids are old enough to start taking them places...now we just need to go someplace.

2 comments:

Tara and Logan said...

happy belated birthday! sounds like you guys had a blast! we sure miss you all!

INVICTE said...

Happy belated birthday, Hayden!

Last time I went skating was ice skating about 10 months ago. I caught a cut in the ice while going real fast and went flying face first...cracked the screen on my Treo (why I left it in my pocket, who knows?) and bruised the top of my thigh.