Friday, April 16, 2010

Making some changes

So, as of late, I've been doing more than my fair share of complaining. What do I have to complain about? Oh, we don't need to go into that. It's sad, really.

Anywho, I decided that the best way to get out of this funk is to be more grateful for the things that I do have, and to be honest...I'm spoiled. I was thinking first off that I have some great friends. Friends that I've had since grade school, since high school, since college and many since I've been married. I have friends that live all over, some on the opposite side of the country and some that live right around the corner. I have friends that I get to share my fears with and others that just make my laugh until I cry. Best of all, I got to marry my best friend. Lucky me!!

Now, I am not a natural at being grateful and thankful. I rarely send thank you notes, and I'm always the second or last to thank someone in person and usually only because someone else beat me to the punch. I don't know why I'm such an airhead in this area. But I want to get better. So, be patient with me.

I want to thank a particular set of friends. I feel like sometimes I am the one that drains them and needs them more than they need me, but thank heavens they still stick around. They are always giving us stuff too. And just because.



I hope you can see this beautiful glass paperweight. I don't know how they get a laser to engrave it, but it's amazing. Our friends gave it to us after they came back from Hawaii. And they gave something to each of my kids too. I know I said thank you, but it doesn't seem enough. I am so grateful that I have this sitting on my nice side table so that when I walk by it I can remember that we're important to someone. And that means a lot!

So, if you're reading this, than you're probably a friend. If you're a stalker, than I'm kinda flattered (because I'm not really that interesting to be stalked).

I thank you. We could be just acquaintances or have known each other for many years. I thank you! I feel blessed to know you and to be your friend. And most important, I hope that we get to continue to be friends!

Here's some recent captures with friends:












You guys are awesome, so again, Thank You!!!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

As I am reading this I am thinking, have I ever told Debbie how grateful I am for her? You may not realize how much you welcoming me befriending meant to me and how much I truly needed it. I think of you often and think highly of you! You are so kind and gracious and have such a sweet spirit about you! I am grateful to call you friend!!!