Friday, April 30, 2010

I've lost my personal chef...

For 3 weeks now, John has been on a special diet program. I'm excited for him, especially since he's lost more than 30 pounds already and he's more than half-way through the program. I was really supportive of him before he started the program because I wanted him to have some success. I didn't foresee any problems with my lifestyle.

I didn't realize how much John helps me when it comes time to cook and clean-up. In fact, we're kind of like a good team. I don't really need to ask him to help because he's anticipating what's next and doing it. I didn't realize that he wasn't going to be there if he chose this program.

John has some food restrictions, as with any diet. And it's difficult for him to help me make food for me and the kids because he has to prepare other food for himself. AArrrggghhh. I lost my kitchen help. I lost my partner in preparation. I lost my personal chef. Sometimes he would completely take over the meal and I would just get to enjoy the yummy goodness. How could I have not thought this through?

Yes, I know that I'm spoiled. And, yes, I have become accustomed to a certain lifestyle. And just like anyone else, I have difficultly with change. I'm just glad that he's more than half-way through the program and my cooking cohort will be back by my side in less than 3 short weeks. We might even be making healthier dishes together, what a plus!

In the meantime, I've been replaced by this:



That digital food scale is lucky that I like red!

No comments: