Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving...good intentions

So we decided to host Thanksgiving at our house this year.  I know how to make a turkey and so it can't be that difficult, right?  I think the hardest part was making sure the assignments for 18-19 people were going to fuse together properly.  Who was bringing what and how much of it.

Anyway, I had grand visions of a wonderful before and after picture of the turkey.




I did manage to get a good "before" picture.  This beauty was 21.1 pounds.  Could be the biggest one I've cooked, yet.  I was looking forward to the "after" picture with the crispy goldenness, and the oozing out of stuffing, but no...alas, I was too busy making sure all other food groups were represented.

So, instead...here's the "after" picture.



Nap time

I laugh at this picture because my son, SO has a crush on his Aunt Kayla. 

Ok, so just imagine a nicely cooked turkey, and THAT'S what mine looked like!!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Although I've made great strides in the homemaker department, I still am a little afraid of raw meat. So, I made Rod cook the turkey.

camran said...

We cooked 2 turkeys - our first time every cooking any turkey at all! We deep fried one and roasted the other (the roasted one was the back up in case the deep fried one was gross - which it wasn't!). I think I might have even gotten a picture of them ... the day is such a blur ...

Leslie said...

Man...I'm hungry right now and I really wanted to see that turkey.

Did you know that your blog is snowing???