Monday, March 23, 2009

Is that Sew...


I wanted to teach Sidney how to sew, so before Spring break, Sidney picked out some material to make a dress out of and we finally got around to it this last Friday. Sidney enjoyed learning how you decide which pieces of the pattern to use and how you place it on the fabric. She was anxious about the actual sewing part, but once I taught her all the buttons on the sewing machine she was ready. She liked practicing with different stitching pattern. If I hadn't run out of thread on Friday we probably could have finished it then. But she asked if we could finish it Sunday morning, so we got back to work and by then Hayden wanted to know how to sew, so Sidney was sharing her new info with him. A couple of hours later and...WA LA. A new dress for Sidney. She was beaming.









3 comments:

Kaylee said...

Sew cute!! Sidney, you did a great job! I'm so proud of you. You look adorable!

Sara said...

can i sign up?

Leslie said...

That is such a lost art form. I wish I knew how. (hint hint)