Monday, March 30, 2009

Courtesy is not dead!

The media would have you believe that the world is in a state of turmoil and despair, some days they are right on the money. Today, however, while there may be hardship and stress, some people seem to make life positive. I went to run a couple of errands, no big deal. I wasn't feeling particularly positive or negative, just normal. BUT, for some reason the people (all of them strangers) around me seemed to go out of their way to show courtesy to me or other people. A man helped put my cart away when I was done just because. I thanked him and he said "Just trying to be a gentlemen." I really don't think I was being particularly observant, but many people seemed to make eye contact and smile. (Perhaps, I had something on my face and they were waiting until I passed by to snicker.) I think maybe in this economic downturn that people are a little more approachable, more likely to see others and help out by holding the door open or letting someone go ahead of them. Maybe I'm delirious and I just want to believe that people are truly good, and that courtesy is not dead! Either way, my day's going good, how 'bout you?



1 comment:

Leslie said...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you probably weren't at WalMart. :)