Monday, June 30, 2008

When will the bleeding stop...?

Ok, so it's the last day of the month and I'm working on bills and various money transfers and I knew that this was a particularly bad month of unexpected situations and emergency items that came up, but now that the numbers are all tallied up it feels more like a blood-letting, and the severe gash is in my pocketbook!

Here's just a taste of some items that cause me to wince: car repairs (air leak & normal maintenance items), new vacuum (old one didn't suck enough, or really sucked, however you want to look at it), paying off a car loan (that I co-signed on w/my niece that couldn't make payments), car title & registration (on same car that I took possession of from same niece), car insurance (regular 6 month premium), new employees (recently hired), newly upgraded computer (to keep up w/ new software systems), planning a surgery in near future for John (this has been put off for too long), kids' summer activities (it's not enough to just pay for registration anymore), trying to plan short vacation (reservations for hotel, see a show, etc), new termite warranty (because old one expired and of course, they found termites), and wow, I guess I'd better stop. I certainly had no plans for a pity party.

And we don't have to pay it, but at the beginning of this month John's business credit card number was stolen and they charged about $14,500 worth of stuff. We disputed the charges and it's already been credited back. It just feels like so many entities are trying to get their hands on my hard earned money and it's feeling a little painful right now.

I'm hoping that this next month will be less forceful on my purse, but with school looming right around the corner...probably not!

No comments: