Monday, June 30, 2008

Better late than never.

So, Father's Day was a couple of weeks ago and I really did want to post something nice, but time just got away from me.
Father's Day is an odd day to me only because the presence of a father in my growing up years was almost non-existent. I'm not looking for sympathy, just stating facts. In fact, I remember getting my mom a father's day card on a couple of occassions because she filled that role for me as well.
Now that I've been married for quite some time I realize and appreciate the presence of Father and husband. And to be honest, I'm spoiled. My husband is awesome. He cooks, he works so I don't have to, he's hilarious, he's intelligent, he's inventive & creative, he cleans up, he's always saying what I was thinking (or vice versa), he's attractive, he's sensitive, he's a loving, nurturing father, he teaches, he disciplines, and he encourages. We are so fortunate that he works at home so that we get to see him ALL THE TIME. Most families don't have that advantage! And all the time that I get to see him, I would still prefer to spend more time with him. We sure love you, honey...just wanted to let everyone else know too!

No comments: