Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Way Round-about

Miles traveled: 3248
States visited: 4
Days gone: 12
Calories consumed: too many to count
Fun Had: lots and lots

We are home, we are tired, and we survived probably the longest vacation we've ever endeavored upon.

So to make it easier to post, I'll go in stages so that no one gets confused.

Part 1: New Mexico

Early on a Thursday morning, the kids and I left to drive to New Mexico. Why there you ask? My brother was moving his family there from Dallas. He had been staying alone at the house in NM for a little bit, while his wife was in Dallas waiting for the arrival of their 3rd child. My mom flew to Dallas to help them pack and help with the kids. Then, we she was a little older than 2 weeks they flew the family to Roswell and drove to Artesia. Then my brother had to fly the next morning back to Dallas to drive the moving truck to the home. On that same day I drove from AZ. Sidney and Hayden got some good playing time with their cousins in a near empty house.

My brother arrived after 12:30 am with the truck and hit the hay for a little rest before unloading the truck in the morning. My kids did their best to keep the little boys out of the way of the movers. I tried to help as much as I could by putting the boys' beds back together. At about 12:30 pm we had to be on the road with my mom in tow or we'd get back home really late. It turned out to be an almost 10 hour drive each way. PHEW! Totally worth it, though.

Here's some snapshots of the kiddos.

We got to play some games in the living room before the furniture got loaded in.

And my sweet little niece, is just adorable! Can you believe that hair?

We hated to come and go so quickly, but we had to get back to pack for our next bigger and longer part of vacation.

No comments: