Friday, November 7, 2008

Took me by surprise.

Yesterday I was running around trying to get so many things done, I barely had a moment to breathe. So the kids came home from school and started on their homework and I was thinking about dinner. My mom walked in and said "Come here." Her voice sounded odd, something was up. When I came around the corner to see what or who was at the door, I saw my sister and her husband (that don't live in this state). I was in shock. She had kept it a secret that she was coming to visit, she had kept it from everyone. She had been surprising people all day. And it worked on me...I was taken completely by surprise! So, we went out to dinner and had a great time.


Here's my sister, Mom, me & my honey.

Last night when I was looking at the pictures that had been taken with the camera I also looked at the camera my kids had taken along (we got a new camera and so the kids got our older one). I knew they had taken pictures and I was excited to find this one.


It's a lille blurry, but it sure captured the moment of us having a great time. I don't even remember what was so funny, but it makes me laugh just looking at the picture.

5 comments:

Laurel said...

What a happy surprise! So, so, so much better than making dinner!

Jennifer Wheeler said...

What a fun surprise. Kudos to your Mom for being soo sneaky! Oh that picture of John is truly priceless. Love it!

INVICTE said...

I knew about the surprise, but was sworn to tell no one. Glad you'll had a good time.

Kaylee said...

glad you got to spend time with your sister before you left. Hope you are having fun.

Anonymous said...

You had the best surprise face I've ever seen! Keeping it a secret was half the excitement, and your face made it so worth doing. I love and miss you guys so much, especially with the holidays coming. Hugs and kisses to all of you!

Sidney, you should consider photography, along with your many other talents. You'd be awesome! I already love your shots.